The most ancient reference to the Church of Saint Leonard dates back to the Pagina Constitutionis of Pope Clement III in 1188. Property of the powerful Abbey of Saint Salvatore, it was originally a Romanesque construction with a single nave covered with trusses. The presence of two pointed lancet windows and the discovery of a capital are evidence of renovation work which took place on the church in the 14th century. Between the end of the 1500s and the beginning of the 1600s, the church was enlarged, with the addition of the choir and the two side naves which are enriched with decorative elements. The monumental stone and wooden altars were built between the 15th and the 17th century, and the church houses two noteworthy paintings, one by Nasini, the other a signed work by Francesco Vanni dated 1589.