Palazzo La Greca

Florentine in style using rustic ‘peperino’ stone, the majestic and imposing Palazzo La Greca was built in the mid-nineteenth century. It housed the Marquis's family until 1938, when it was sold to the Fascist Party for 19,000 Lire and transformed into a Fascist headquarters. After the war, it was taken over by the Municipality and used as the detached section of the Grosseto teaching institute. The La Greca building is currently home to the school named after the poet Giovan Domenico Peri.