The Road

The road that leads to the ruins has remained unchanged since its construction. It was almost entirely built in a single morning on 20th May 1870 by hundreds of people who flocked to the mountain with hoes, shovels and picks in response to Lazzaretti's appeal. The stretch that wends its way up0000 the north side among thick hawthorns and field maples is particularly striking.