Sanctuary of Our Lady of Grace

The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Grace, also known as the Sanctuary of the Crowned Madonna, was built as an ex-voto for the end of the plague of 1348. Originally only a small chapel, it was enlarged and turned into an elegant Renaissance church with three naves in the year 1400. The church houses some important frescoes, including one depicting the Holy Trinity by the Amiata painter Francesco Nasini.