The Church of the Suffrage

Built between 1720 and 1726 by the lay company called Vergine del Suffragio, the Church of the Sufferage houses the monumental crosses called "tronchi" (logs) which, along with the Most Holy Crucifix, are carried in the procession of 3rd May. The square in front of the church was probably built during the construction of the church. Evidence from the late 19th century states that the company provided for the transport of the dead, offering the service free of charge to the poorest in the town. Behind the main altar, there is an 18th century painting depicting the Virgin of Suffrage, or the Virgin of Purgatory, in glory with the Son.