The Church of Saint Anthony

On this site stood the Convent of the Capuchin Poor Clares, founded by Duchess Eleonora Orsini, wife of Alessandro Sforza of Santa Fiora and niece of the Queen of France, Maria de' Medici. The convent housed an abbess and eleven nuns who were followers of the Sienese mystic Passitea Crogi. According to the papal bill of approval of 1619, the nuns had to pay a dowry of 200 scudi on entering, however the convent also welcomed four girls from Santa Fiora who were without means. The convent was suppressed in 1810 and the current sanctuary of the Holy Crucifix was founded in 1893.