The Church of the Madonna of the Snow

Built during the Renaissance to replace an ancient votive shrine, the church has a Robbian tabernacle on the facade. Inside the presbytery, Saint Augustine, Saint Monica, Saint Guglielmo and Saint Nicola da Tolentino are depicted in a 1640 work by Francesco Nasini. A collecion of frescoes, which probably date back further than that, also adorned the nave and counter-façade. The archaeological excavations carried out in 2001 unearthed a 14th century paved road flanked by buildings and crossed by a stream that still flows into the fish farm (peschiera) today.