The Sanctuary of the Most Holy Crucifix

Built in the late 19th century as a new convent of the Capuchin Poor Clares, the Sanctuary of the Most Holy Crucifix replaced the old convent near the Church of Saint Anthony, which was in ruins. The church is rich in relics and ex-votos, which are kept in the choir. This  space was reserved for cloistered nuns, while the hall was open to the faithful. Made by the Santafiorese cabinetmaker, Giulio Parracciani, the partition that separates the choir from the hall, is decorated with a 1904 Raffaello Tancredi painting depicting Saint Francis and Saint Clare.