Dating back to around the year 1000, Potentino Castle was first ruled by the bishop of Chiusi. In the 13th century, it was taken over by the dominion of Siena and, over the course of the following centuries, was contested by several noble families. More recently, in the 20th century, it was transformed into a winery. The castle has two distinct areas: external, with rural buildings, and internal, accessed through an arch in a wall surmounted by battlements. Inside the castle of Potentino, there is a small oratory dedicated to Saint Anthony of Padua.