The Oratory of the Most Holy Crucifix

Dating back to in 1388, the Oratory of the Most Holy Crucifix is located near the remains of the ancient Sienese keep. Built in stone with a Gothic portal on the façade, it has a singular bell tower in which the big bell is installed. In the 1980s, the Oratoty was transformed into a museum of sacred art in order to display objects from other churches in the area. The museum exhibition includes sacred furnishings, canvases by Francesco Nasini, four 17th century coffin heads painted by the Sienese artist Sebastiano Folli, and the Cross painted by Luca di Tommè, which is the main exhibit.